We hold our Annual Direct Give Campaign each fall and reach out to each family in our community to ask for a one time or recurring donation. These gifts, no matter how small, add up when the whole of our community participates at some level.
Your gift will be used to help the operations of the school in addition to funding grants such as teacher training scholarships and special projects.
Please consider giving a larger sum by spreading out your donation with a recurring monthly option.
Why Give to Compass Montessori?
- Compass Montessori is the only public school in the United States that provides a seamless Montessori education for children Pre-K through 12th grade.
- The Compass operating budget was been cut by more than 25 percent over four years.
- Compass teachers are paid less than the average for our county, and most are not being paid for their years of experience.
- Approximately 25 percent of Compass students qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- Compass receives the same funding per pupil from the state and county, but, unlike traditional public schools, it is responsible for operating its own facilities.
- Compass graduates ranked 6th in ACT scores in Jefferson County—the 35th largest school district in the United States.
- The Compass class of 2013—comprising just 25 students—was awarded more than $1,000,000 in merit-based scholarships for their four years of college study.
- The average student-to-teacher ratio is 15-to-1.
- Compass does not “teach to the test.” But our children continue to stay on par with other public schools in the district and state.
- Compass families commute from nearly 60 zip codes to participate in our dynamic educational community. Several families have moved across the country to be here.